Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Articles

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/10/26/091026fa_fact_goodyear

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/17/books/review/Shone-t.html?

scp=1&sq=he's%20back%20james%20cameron&st=cse

Scrapping the quote and hoping to start my lede with a more concrete idea, I decided to zero-in on James Cameron, the director of "Avatar." Though I will admit that I did not read the majority of these articles until after writing my own review, as I did not want to allow them to greatly alter my ideas or my writing, I still found them helpful. Having never seen any of Cameron's films, besides the legendary "Titanic," I obviously needed a little background information for my review. These articles helped me to understand not only more about Cameron's other films, such as "The Terminator" and "Aliens," but they also gave me a greater understanding of the inspiration behind such films and the patterns and reoccurring themes that appear in several of Cameron's works. Though I didn't write about his personal life at all, I thought the biographical elements included in both of these articles were very interesting. The parallels between his experiences and his films are fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment